- Date: Wednesday, November 1st, 2023
- Time: 4pm-8pm
- Address: 6541 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ 85715
Join us at Trail Dust Town for the ultimate local holiday shopping experience.
Sponsored by Local First Arizona, the Diversity Economic Empowerment Panel (DEEP) and Tucson Trades, Merry Mercado is a pop-up market and posada. Beat the holiday rush, shop from numerous local vendors and explore one of Tucson’s most iconic destinations!
Merry Mercado is held on-site at Trail Dust Town, originally built in 1961 and “a favorite place for Tucson and its guests to spend time and enjoy a trip back in time.” The property features a restaurant (the Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse) as well as the historic Savoy Opera House.
For those interested in business networking in addition to shopping, Local First Arizona’s final Business Coalition mixer for 2023 will be held inside Savoy at 6pm. Drinks are available on-site and Pinnacle Peak is just a short walk away―so bring a friend and come celebrate with us! Mixer attendees should RSVP as normal on Local First’s website by clicking here.
Interested in popping up at this event? Here’s what you need to know:
- The cost to become a vendor is a flat fee of $110 (for non-members) or $50 (for current Local First members) due at the time of registration.
- The $110 non-member fee includes a one-year Business Coalition membership with Local First Arizona (up to $499 in value!) activated after registration is received, approved and paid for.
- Business Coalition membership is “a comprehensive set of options and one-of-a-kind resources and solutions to help you become more competitive as a small business in Arizona.”
- You can read more about Business Coalition membership by clicking here. (Please note that only locally owned and operated businesses are eligible for membership.)
- Vendors are required to supply their own tables (6×3 suggested). Trail Dust Town will provide up to two (2) chairs per vendor.
- Remaining event details―including vendor layout and directions for parking/vendor setup―will be communicated via email closer to the date of the event. All vendor questions should be directed to the following address: email@example.com.
- Founded in 2003, Local First Arizona is a nonprofit organization committed to community and economic development throughout Arizona. Our work connects people, locally-owned businesses, and communities for meaningful actions that build a diverse, inclusive and prosperous Arizona economy.
- The Diversity Economic Empowerment Panel (DEEP) provides BIPOC with avenues for upward mobility to achieve economic and societal freedom.We do this by helping to establish and grow BIPOC businesses; educating and encouraging individuals to increase their economic and financial capital, literacy, and mindset; and to own and develop real property.
- Tucson Trades brings together over 100 local vendors offering unique products and services within their network, allows you to find high-quality, one-of-a-kind items, and support your community while shopping sustainably.
For More Information
- For vendors: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Trail Dust Town: 520-296-4551
- For Local First: email@example.com
- For DEEP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Tucson Trades: email@example.com
Please see the flyer above for more information!