The Graham County Health Department has organized a meeting for the Graham County Mental Health Action Committee. The Graham County Chamber of Commerce recognizes the importance of addressing mental health issues in our community, especially concerning suicide prevention and awareness.
- 10-11 am: Focus on school and youth providers.
- 11 am-Noon: Open to all members.
Location: EAC Activities Center, Aravaipa Room
During this meeting, we will dive deep into the following critical questions:
- Resources: What resources are currently available to promote Suicide Prevention Awareness Month?
- Health Department’s Role: How can the health department assist your organization with suicide prevention and awareness?
- Organizational Initiatives: What proactive steps is your organization taking to propagate the message that suicide is preventable?
- Changing Perceptions: How can we collaboratively shift public perception, spread hope, and disseminate crucial information to individuals affected by suicide?
- Community Events: What events can we collectively initiate to promote Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, especially in our schools and broader community?
- Scholarship Updates: An update will be provided regarding the “Easy Access Program” which deals with mental health treatment scholarships for students.
To facilitate the exchange of knowledge, organizations are heartily encouraged to bring any pertinent information related to mental health. A dedicated table at the rear of the room will be set up for members to place their materials, ensuring easy access for all attendees.
Should you have any inquiries or require further information, please feel free to get in touch with Jennifer Labrum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Graham County Chamber of Commerce appreciates your commitment to making our community healthier and more informed. Together, we can build a safer, more supportive environment for all our residents.
This event dovetails with our mission to advance the quality of life for everyone in the Gila Valley.